Company Overview www.jbhunt.com
Since our incorporation in 1961, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. has grown into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the continental United States, Canada and Mexico. Our ability to supply customized transportation solutions through our four business units (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truck and Integrated Capacity Solutions) has helped us develop a diverse customer base, which includes a large number of Fortune 500 companies.
If you want to join a leader in the transportation industry and be surrounded by the best, then J.B. Hunt is the place for you. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
Job Description: Operations Supervisor
J.B. Hunt Dedicated Contract Services® (DCS) specializes in the design, development, and execution of customized supply chain solutions. We help our customers move their freight more effectively, and we manage the operation for them.
In DCS, we understand our customers’ business needs, and deliver the right combination of people, assets and ideas that make a measurable bottom-line difference.
As an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of an account, which includes maintaining revenue generation, safety, equipment maintenance, payroll and billing, and ensuring Customer Value Delivery. The environment is challenging, fast-paced, and very rewarding!
• Dispatch and supervise a group of drivers
• Maintain performance metrics and participate in customer meetings
• Monitor and train drivers to promote company safety culture
• Route or pre-plan delivery of freight to ensure on-time service
• Involvement in the financial analysis as it relates to the specific profit-and-loss statements
• Monitor compliance with safety and Department of Transportation regulations
• Coordinate with maintenance support personnel to manage service of all account equipment
• Reduce driver turnover by utilizing JB Hunt’s Driver Dedicated program
• Other duties as required